Mugai Ryu Iaido Online Course
Learn Mugai Ryu Iaido online in our complete course
The Mugai Ryu Iaido Online Course is a complete online training program. You will learn everything from theory to Iai Kata in detailed and precisely explained high quality video lessons.
Our full Iaido Online Course has over 130 Full HD video lessons including subtitles with almost 10 hours of high quality content. Depending on your rank you will unlock these step by step after taking exams, the training plan is in sync with the official Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha curriculum.
To adapt to the fact that you are learning online by yourself in contrast to visiting a Dojo, your first examination will start with the rank of 5th Kyu and you can take online-exams until 1st Kyu. For Dan-examinations you will have to visit one of our Dojos around the world or visit a seminar with a certified master. Your examinations will be officially certified by Niina Gyokusou Toyoaki Soke from Tokyo, Japan.
Your subscription offers the following services:
- Access to over 130 video-lessons (over 90 from the beginning)
- Take officially certified examinations online until 1st Kyu
- Upload your videos for corrections
- Become an official member of Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha
- Book private or group online-classes
- Join online-seminars and trainings
Let´s go through these points more clearly.
Access to over 130 video-lessons
Since we want to stay as authentic as possible, some of the content needs to be unlocked by taking examinations to stay in line with the official Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha curriculum since some Kata are restricted by rank. You will start with over 90 videos.
Take officially certified examinations online
You can only take examinations online till 1st Kyu. For Dan-examinations you will need to take the exam in person with a certified master. Next to the about 20 Dojos Europe-wide in our Mugai Ryu Europe federation, Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha has dojos worldwide. Your examinations will be officially certified by the Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha Soke Niina Gyokusou Toyokai.
If you do not have the access to a Dojo nearby and are not able to travel, we give you the possibility to take the examination online to unlock the next content. You will not get a certification until it is taken in person though.
Upload your video for corrections
To ensure your correct training and development we will have a personal contact. This is mainly established through corrections of your techniques and Kata, but can also include direct questions from your side. We prepared a guide on your User Page for the procedure.
Become an official member of Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha
With your subscription you will become an official member of Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha, the Mugai Ryu Europe federation and the Tenshinkai Dojo. We are a grand budo family spanning not only Europe, but the whole world with it´s central in Tokyo, Japan.
Book private online-classes
You can book exclusive private or small-group Zoom-online-classes with Luciano Sensei or Simon Senpai directly in our shop, we will contact you to find a fitting date afterwards.
Join online-seminars and trainings
There will be exclusive Zoom-online-trainings on a monthly base with Simon Senpai. We plan on expanding the schedule if the demand is there. Additionally there will be periodic training-lessons with Luciano Sensei and other high ranked teachers of our Mugai Ryu Europe Federation. You can book them directly in our shop.
If you still have questions about the course, please contact us.
The complete list of online lessons
Here you can see the full list of our video-lessons. Please remember that some content needs to be unlocked by taking examinations.
Introduction & Learning path
- Welcome, what to expect
- Free membership
- Starterpack Membership
- Luciano Sensei & Mugai Ryu Meishi Ha
- Course structure, how to start & included services
- Your Daily Training Routine
- Exam preperation & next steps
- Tameshigiri – cutting test
- Genko Nito Ryu
Theory & mindset
- About Mugai Ryu
- Cutting Iai & correct mindset
- Katana, Wakizashi, Daisshou
- Tsuji Gettan, the founder of Mugai Ryu
- Modern Bushido – mindset of a warrior
- Zen-Meditation and breathing
- Guided Meditation
- Who hears, who talks, who sees?
- Positive Affirmations
- Tandem / Dantien Meditation
Body Basics & Mechanics
- Standing up
- Sitting down
- Seiza position
- Body mechanics in general
- Warming up
Equipment Care & use
- How to bind the Obi
- How to wear the Keiko Gi
- How to take off the Keiko Gi
- How to fold your Keiko Gi
- Sword handling
- How to wear the Katana
- How to wear the Wakizashi
Torei & Reishiki
- Reishiki in Mugai Ryu
- Reishiki for examination
- Rei – bowing while standing
- Rei – Bowing while seated
- Short Torei
Kamae & Basic principles
- Kamae – the different Stances
- Drawing the Sword
- General Explanation
- After Yokoichi & Tsuki
- After Gyakku Kessa
- Toei Yama no metsuke
- Zagi / Seiza:
- Introduction & General Explanation
- Missing Chiburi
Suburi – Training the cuts
- Makko Giri
- Kessa Giri
- Gyakku Kessa Giri Hidari
- Gyakku Kessa Giri Migi
- Yokoichi Monji Hidari
- Yokoichi Monji Migi
Nukiuchi – Cutting on the draw
- Introduction & Yokoichi Monji Hidari
- Makko Giri
- Kessa Giri Hidari
- Gyakku Kessa Giri Hidari
- Makko Giri: Zagi – Seated
- Gyakku Kessa Giri: Zagi – Seated
- Yokoichi Monji Hidar: Zagi – Seated
- Kihon Ichi
- Kihon Ni
- Kihon San
- General Explanation & the Kata Sets: Go-Ou, Go-Yo, Go-Ka, Hashiri-Gakari
Iaido Kata: Go-Yo Set
- General Explanation & Basics while Training Zagi
Iaido Kata: Go-Ou Set
Iaido Kata: Go-Ka Set
- General Info & Differences to the Go-Yo Set
- Hibiki Gaeshi
Iaido Kata: Hashiri Gakari Set
- General Explanations & Hashiru – Running
- Mae Goshi
- Musou Gaeshi
- Mawari Gakari
- Migi No Teki
- Tameshigiri At Home